Arrives the festive season and along come a lot of sugary treats. No worry, there are ways to cut down on sugar without missing out on the fun.
Here are the 10 tips to cut down sugar intake during the festive season.
1. Observe sugar fasting spans in between festival days.
2. Stay hydrated! To curb sugar cravings, drink 2-4 litres of water daily, your ‘SUGAR DETOX’, instead of sugary drinks.
3. Reduce your portions! Smaller servings = less sugar spikes.
4. Cook your favorite desserts at home to control sugar.
5. Eat fruits and vegetables before meals.
6. Swap sugary snacks with healthier alternatives like nuts, fruits, or yogurt.
7. Choose desserts that are sweetened with natural sugars, like honey or stevia.
8. Apply ‘mindful eating’ and enjoy each bite. You'll eat less sugar.
9. Read food labels carefully to know sugar content. Aim for less than 25g per day.
10. Identify your enemy: there are hidden sugars in sweets, drinks, and treats.